On error action

On error action

Postby Janusz » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:04 pm

Hello,

I am new forum user, and maybe some user requested below described feature and I overlooked it.
Some time ago I tested Automate for Windows, and I found interested settings in “On error” tab for action execution error. What do you think about adding similar tab with to action interface?
This potential action settings section could to have following options:
- Repeat action (as checkbox) with optional setting with number of repeats.
- Jump to next action (as radio)
- Stop task (as radio)
Probably potential implementing above described feature could be very hard, because probably it needs implementing any monitoring feature of action results, but anyway this feature seem to me very interested.

Best regards,
Janusz
http://www.sisulizer.com - Three simple steps to localize
Janusz

Re: On error action

Postby Alex » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:50 pm

Yes, it seems be interesting, I wrote this suggestion in my ToDo list. Thank you.
Alex
Site Admin

Postby Janusz » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:34 pm

Hi Alex,

Seem to me that to mentioned above potential “On error” features could be also added some option for displaying message on desktop with information about action/task failure. Without similar notifications user can to overlook that some actions/task were executed with errors.

Janusz
http://www.sisulizer.com - Three simple steps to localize
Janusz

Postby fauzdar1990 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:15 am

hi Alex,

This is Achal, and i have something new and interesting and is that Xstarter should trigger an E-mail to a given ID after any task got any error or any Failure.

I have installed a Xstarter on my client machine and i have no access often. so is Xstarter can trigg any alert E-Mail to me after any failure.

Thanks,
Achal
fauzdar1990

Postby Awgeewhiz » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:37 pm

Sounds like a need for a "Task Completion Tab". Task exit status and what to do on exit codes.
Not just send e-mail, but reschedule, rerun, disable, change task parameters, etc.
Awgeewhiz

Return to Suggestions